Why I did anicredits

(and what currently takes my time as of the moment)

One weekend of October, just weeks after I disband Deremoe, I took a look at my projects on Github. One of them, which is first part of Deremoe’s Github profile, is this thing called “anicredits.”

I made this as a tool for myself in many instances where I get a piece of attributing text that accompanies an image — say, a picture of Hibiki Tachibana, which should be accompanied by the text “©2015 Project SYMPHOGEAR.” I was really thinking of using this tool but I was simply pasting text into a Markdown file for reference. It didn’t made its way to its usefulness at that time though.

Now that Deremoe’s disbanded for good, I decided that this will take my time for now. Two days after I set up the repository on my personal Github, I took a sample code that I “did” (by did, I mean copy-pasting examples from various places) which should simplify the previous project/service EventsChart (oh God, I miss that) and then laid the framework in place. The data that I got from two years ago didn’t went into waste as I was able to use it again — It took me two hours or so to convert the Markdown into JSON.

By reusing old code, I was able to push the data into a much usable tool than the one I dreamed of. Then I showed it to my friends on Facebook, which gave me suggestions on how to improve it. One suggestion is to sort out the titles alphabetically, in which I learned that I can easily do that by adding a few letters in the code. Another one is to include the links of the officially websites, in which I am including in the next commit.

This is also the second instance where I use Git’s tagging function to know if this is version 1.x.x or something like that, as I’m always content on pulling, pushing, and committing through shorthand.


I did anicredits as a way to help fellow writers to give credit where credit is due. Now that anicredits is up online — at jay.is-super.moe/anicredits — I would like to give you a look on how it’s done:

  1. The page loads completely.
  2. You searched for a title available in the database.
  3. You see the result and copy the text indicated in the field.
  4. Paste it in places where appropriate.

This tool aims to save time and effort giving credit where credit is due. By any moment you searched for a title and it did not pop up in the list of results, use the other known title associated to it; if it still doesn’t work, it means that it’s not yet in the database, and you can:

  1. Tweet me on Twitter (@jayagonoy), or
  2. File an issue on the repository’s Github (https://github.com/assortex/anicredits/issues).

The more details you have, the more easier it will get to the database.


From just a side-project that is left out in the shadows, here I am, investing a short amount of time on improving it and making it a tool. I hope all of you find this useful.

I am also showcasing a tool that I did with my classmates in college — LIA, an ordinance map which shows the places where there an ordinance is made effective. I might write a backstory for that as well, but for now, let me merge my commits.