Howdy, all — before I go on radio silence for ToyCon 2017, let’s get to the details so far of this year’s pop culture extravaganza. Here are some of the highlights mentioned during the Press Conference held at Uptown Place Mall BGC last Sunday:
- It has occupied the whole of SMX. Last time, the whole show was just the whole ground level of SMX plus the Function Room 5 upstairs.
- Creators’ Stage — PopLife’s Pro-Am studios invites Content Creators to check out the Creators’ Stage at the second level. They’re also holding auditions for the next big online talent too!
- Launch of licensed Pinoy superhero merch — Specifically, on the side of Mars Ravelo’s properties. There will be merchandise based on his characters (and yes, licensed figures too).
- ToyCon Gallery = Toy Booths + Artists’ Gallery — The doubled-up gallery area will show the classics and contemporary in one space.
- WCSPH National Finals to be held at ToyCon — Also, no CosFanX this time; but the ToyCon Cosplay Contest will be “back with a vengeance,” according to Exhibits lead Vic Yap.
Check out the pictures (and a video summary) below.
I will be releasing extra content on my YouTube page, and I will be sharing them first on Facebook. (Disclaimer: I will be serving as staff for ToyCon 2017.)