Red Cloud Interactive, co-organizer of the Pinoy Otaku Festival series, will be organizing the Online Pop Culture Convention for a Better Normal on August 22, 2020, Saturday.
This is a volunteer-fundraising activity for the benefit of Greenpeace Philippines’ Better Normal campaign and the Aksyon Kalikasan organization.
Red Cloud and Naruto Cosplayers Philippines has been applying its corporate social responsibility by creating a fusion of cosplay events which champions social causes, and this online event adds to its roster.
Cosplay during the Pandemic and Beyond
I will be moderating an online panel discussion on “Cosplay During the Pandemic and Beyond” at 1:30pm featuring copslayers Dranzer Dice, Ross Diong, Ashley Misaki and Takeru Arino.
Among the topics that we will discuss are the following:
- What’s the state of Cosplay in the Philippines in this New Normal?
- Will Cosplay as a social hobby continue to stay social?
- Where do Cosplayers go from here?
There will be more questions to ask, and if you do want to add yours, let me know by tagging me on Twitter @JayAgonoy or message keepsakes. on Facebook with the hashtag #BetterNormalCosplay and I’ll see if I can read it during the broadcast.
Aside from the panel discussion which I will moderate, there are other activities in store for everyone:
- At 11:00am, GreekSilverHero will host “Content Creation for a Better Normal” together with Miss Universe Philippines – Muntinlupa City 2020 Maricres Valdez Castro and other panelists.
- At 12:15pm, the Pinoy Cosplay Podcast will discuss the Rise of Online Cosplay and Pop Culture Events.
- After moderating my panel, I’ll check out the next segment, “Pop Culture Music for a Better Normal” hosted by Team OKE Gakuen at 3:00pm.
- Last but not the least, Prince de Guzman will teach us “How to Prevent Creative Blockage” by 4:30pm.
- To cap off the program, there will be a “Flex Your Quarantine Cosplay” activity from 6:00pm onwards where registered cosplayers will be showing off their cosplays (the way I see it, either trials or actual).
To know more about the Online Pop Culture Convention for a Better Normal, visit the Facebook event page. As a fund-raiser, you donate before you can view the event. Donation details are listed in the event page.
keepsakes. is a media partner for the Online Pop Culture Convention for a Better Normal 2020.