Jay Agonoy is a Marketing Services Officer at Pasig-based Ex-Link Events, helping it pivot into an online events provider.
He also oversees his personal project—the online journal “keepsakes.”—established in 2017, operating its blog, podcast and video channels.
Jay has written feature stories for websites such as The Reimaru Files and Rappler, as well as moderated select panel discussions on the local anime and idol cultures. Currently, he heads the VTuber News website NewsDrop, founded in 2022.
By weekdays, I am a Marketing Services Officer at Ex-Link Events located in Pasig City. By weekends, I focus on keeping my solo project keepsakes. running, among other things. In my current work, I assist in some of the biggest events in the country. At keepsakes., I am in charge of its overall activities including content production.
Being an anime/cosplay fan, I share stories from within our community. This started with Deremoe in 2010 and continues with keepsakes. in 2016. I am an active visitor of Japanese pop culture events in the country, going in as far as Cebu, Davao, Baguio, and even Singapore to understand each of its communities.
My rare participation in campus activities is complemented by my internships over at three media outlets, namely Manila Standard, the Philippine Broadcasting Service, and Rappler.com.
I also applied and qualified for speaking engagements at the Philippine Blogging Summit (iBlog) twice. My first was “Avoiding Information Redundancy” (2013) and “Sharing Beyond Your Blog” (2017).
I’ve also attended the 15th International Conference on Japanese Studies hosted by the Ateneo de Manila University, as well as the 1st De La Salle University Communication Conference, both held in 2015.
My first international panel talk was held at Kurocon Online Vol. 2, titled “Case Studies on YouTube-based Anime Distribution Model in Southeast Asia.”
I’ve been invited as a guest judge and panel moderator for Naruto Cosplayers Philippines’ events, among which are the Pinoy Otaku Festival and Otaku Musika Festival.
I have a brief writing stint with Back2Gaming.com, sharing my anime reviews with them. In my free time, I also get to participate in the The Reimaru Files‘ RFTalk series.
Prior to keepsakes., I also produced side-projects including Anicredits (ready-to-copy credits for anime series), LIA (a mapping project which indicates the places where municipal ordinances are posted), and KOYAJ (featuring mashups of select anime tracks available for playback on Soundcloud). Anicredits and LIA are archived on GitHub.
As a Rotarian for more than five years, I have provided visual material for the Rotary Club of Mutya ng Pasig, and eventually became its club president (Rotary Year 2022-2023, Imagine Rotary). In addition, I had practiced amateur radio and participated in a few group meetings over the air (HAM calls) for a brief period of time.
My interests range from the Internet, photography, videography, branding, data privacy, podcasting, smooth jazz, lite rock, and vaporwave.
Appearances and Contributions
- VLOG #12 | Summary of Otaku Expo 2020 (Sarapyon1228 on YouTube)
- “Cosplay and its Effects” Panel Discussion (Cosmic Con 2019, as Moderator)
- Pinoy Otaku Festival 2019 Idol Panel Discussion (as Moderator)
- Pinoy Otaku Festival 2018 Cosplay Panel Discussions (Part 1 / Part 1.5, Part 2, as Moderator)
- To Junior High Schoolers: ENJOY SENIOR HIGH (Manggahan High School, 2018)
- iBlog 13: Sharing Beyond Your Blog (2018)
- Why you need to pay attention to the World Cosplay Summit (Reimaru Files)
- What It’s Like To Be In The World Cosplay Summit (Reimaru Files)
- Get ready for Coslandia 2019 (Reimaru Files)
- ESGS 2019: Love’s Five Languages is about knowing what kind deeds suit couples better (Reimaru Files)
- Good governance practices recognized at 2015 Galing Pook Awards (Rappler)
- Y4iT 2015: Slow yet expensive PH Internet ‘not our fault’ (Rappler)
- Pinoy Google ‘Web Rangers’ chosen for anti-cyberbullying drive (Rappler)
- UN OCHA, humanitarian orgs launch #ShareHumanity (Rappler)
- GMA shows now on iflix, HOOQ (Rappler)
More stories are listed on Muck Rack.