Last year, we saw how Iloilo’s ConQuest Festival grew so big that it got international attention. Guess what: They’re ready for an encore.
Organizer ISC Events partners with Globe once again for the 4th ConQuest Festival to be held at the Iloilo Convention Center on the weekend of July 4-5, 2020.
Dubbing itself “the largest enthusiast event in the country,” ConQuest has proven itself to bring a pop culture boom in the region – from gaming, anime, comics, technology and vlogging.
A weekend of learning and fun at ConQuest 2020
This year’s ConQuest expects 12,500 visitors, so they are going to the next level by bringing more impact to the said event – this is as per official press release sent to keepsakes. prior to the official announcement:
- Esports AcadArena collegiate league National Finals for League of Legends and Dota 2, one of the most-awaited activities;
- Iloilo Gaming Open featuring open tournaments for hit titles such as NBA2K, Mobile Legends, Tekken, and more;
- Brand and Tech Expo, a showcase of the latest technology from various brands;
- Student-Streamer Showdown where 16 student leaders are paired up with 16 of the leading streamers and influencers to compete for charity;
- Cosplay Clash competition for the gaming, anime and comics fans alike;
- Indie Arena, an independent game showcase;
- QuestTalks series of industry panels and workshops by worldwide digital media industry leaders; and
- Retro Arcade for the batang 80’s/90’s/00’s in all of us
The first wave of guests coming to this year’s event are top streamers and vloggers such as Riku, Shin Boo, Suzzysaur and Buunja, as well as top names in the creative space such as Aeonix, Little Things PH and Hunghang Flashbacks.
As of this writing, we’re waiting for the list of cosplayers, and industry leaders.
As we cap this announcement, I’ll leave you with a few words from A. Frederick Sansait, Operations Manager of ISC Events and Media:
“Every year the event just gets bigger and bigger beyond our expectations […] We’re thrilled to partner up with Globe again this year and we can’t wait to welcome the entire gaming and pop-culture community back here in Iloilo to experience the amazing convention”.
If by chance I get to Iloilo for ConQuest, I need a huge help as I am not familiar with the places to go and things to do there. Kindly chime in your suggestions in the comments.