We currently live in trying times. COVID-19 has hit the Philippines, and our government is doing measures to keep everyone safe from this virtually-invisible disease that picks no one.
I’ve set up this live blog to post updates to:
- Give info about otaku events whether they will push through or postpone, as well as
- Share updates from my end here in the West end of Pasig (sometimes)
This is in light of the COVID-19 outbreak that has been labeled as a pandemic by the World Health Organization.
I’ll also mention some important updates regarding the outbreak’s developments, as well as share some healthy stuff that we can all relate.
What can we do during the COVID-19 community quarantine period in the Philippines
For now, let’s follow the recommended guidelines to avoid the disease as well as to avoid stress during the Community Quarantine (March 15 to April 14, 2020):
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
In addition, please keep updated on news regarding COVID-19 on social media:
- Updates from the Department of Health website
- 2019-NCoV Tracker
- Department of Health on Facebook
- Department of Health on Twitter
Lastly, (I’m not sure if this is helpful at this moment but) let’s help ourselves by controlling our panic tendencies as much as possible. Keep praying, keep hoping, maintain a positive outlook. This too shall pass.
(Kindly wait for the Live Blog to pop up after a few seconds.)
What am I doing? – May 28, 2020 (Day 75)
- Sometimes you just live for the sake of living, and sometimes you live to make a living. Most of the time you live to do something, and in rare cases, you still live to pursue your passion. Our state of mind has been like a sea, and in some instances it gets stormy with every disturbance. Sometimes you ask yourself what you are doing, sometimes your boss asks it. Note to self: It's normal, don't get hung up on that too much.
- I can't wait for a barber shop to open, so what I did is I trimmed my excess hair that's quite annoying me. I'm really itching to see a barber – my hair has grown so long that it will fit my whole fingers soon – and it's not good.
- I'm almost completing my spiel for Sunday's Live, and it's going quite well. I just need to prepare the rest of the materials while there's some lull time.
Learning Something New? – May 27, 2020 (Day 74)
- If your job is putting you to things and situations that you don't know, yet part those tasks are part of the scope, it must be an interesting job. Don't stop learning something new even if it puts you to situations that you might not take well (except for life-and-death situations, that's something else.
- I've released the poster for the upcoming activity that we will do on Sunday, and I did it gradually through a live stream (for those who watched, thanks!)
- Tonight I learned that there's other Marble Run channels on YouTube such as Fubeca's, but I'll still keep on watching Jelle's.
Printer Problems – May 26, 2020 (Day 73)
- As I complete the pending tasks at hand, the printer I'm using lost color ink, so I'm off to using black ink only until it gets refilled in due time. It took me long to realize this – I've used the available resources before I resorted to this. This is what I refer to as my kind of “tunnel vision.”
- We're just about to complete the lineup for Sunday's talk, and I'll be releasing more details about it this Wednesday.
- Now that I'm more into Tiktok now, all that's left for me is to dance to some tunes there and I can consider myself being a tiktokerist, haha. Follow me as I post more about memes and vtubers.
- Tonight's TOYCON TV featured Berlin Manalaysay, Pol Medina and Maisha Ravelo-dela Cruz, representing the country's pop culture icons Combatron, Pugad Baboy and Mars Ravelo Komiks respectively. Mang Pol is really a funny person in the strips and out. See the replay on YouTube soon – subscribe and get notified once it's uploaded.
Finishing backlogs – May 25, 2020 (Day 72)
- It's a holiday today, but I only had the gall to finish all backlogs from last week, haha. Procrastinating is not a skill I'd love to have, but we're already at this point.
- After last Sunday's talk, I want to follow it up. I am taking my inspiration from past fora I listened, and I'll share the details once I'm all ok with the invites.
- While we have tech rehearsal for tomorrow night's live, I played with the WeDJ app, and I'll be sharing my demo on Soundcloud soon.
- The rest of the day left me exhausted – I've done quite a lot today, including setting up the worktable for the next task to accomplish.
Professional Marble Racing – May 24, 2020 (Day 71)
- We made it! Our first legit Just Chatting stream on Twitch. Despite major issues specifically on the internet part, we pulled off a nice chat which will then be converted to Episode #75 of the podcast – plus a surprise. Go watch the recap on Twitch before it's gone for good (this time I got a backup copy for archiving). Thanks Mais for hosting it on your stream, and thanks to all the viewers!
- After the panel discussion, I am laying down how will we invite others for our next conversation next week – this time, on YouTube. Or maybe Facebook.
- Prior to these, I got the WeDJ app to try how well I do when it comes to hand-eye coordination. I crawled my way to get a good grip on syncing four Ehrling tracks.
- Dinner was good – I whipped up fried rice for the first time. Video will be coming up this July.
- I was supposed to make myself productive but then I stumbled upon VTubers – and Jelle's Marble Runs. I watched a few videos before but John Oliver nailed it so well that I got to see how it developed into what seems to be the only sport running (not discounting the sports events which started to go back from suspension due to COVID-19).
- To cap off, let it be known that the JAM Cover of “Hero Too” has been featured in The Sunday Times.