Coslandia 2019 organizer HalloHallo Entertainment has released the set of activities for the three-day event, and I am here to give my impressions in each segment in the schedule.
Do take note that the schedule is subject to change, and I’ll update this post once Coslandia has released an updated schedule online.
Anime and Manga
- Anime Movie screenings will be held on all days of Coslandia 2019 in partnership with Pioneer Films. Your Name., A Silent Voice and Your Lie in April are the titles set to be screened.
- A Live Manga Reading session is scheduled for Day 3.
- Voltes V and Mazinger Z, two iconic anime titles of the 90s Generation, will have its spotlight on Day 3.
- Sanrio’s Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel will be having a meet and greet on Day 1, while
- Rilakkuma will be meeting the guests of Day 2, and
- The iconic Pokemon Pikachu will be gracing Coslandia on Day 3.
Cosplay and Fashion
- As announced, Cosplay Mode Magazine will be appearing at Coslandia 2019 – and they will have a guest cosplayer with them. This is aside with the arrival of Nobuyuki Takahashi, the man who coined the term “Cosplay,” to the country.
- Coslandia announced that cosplayer Miku 16 will be in the country to grace the said event.
- Team Class S, the 2019 Philippine representative to the World Cosplay Summit, will be gracing all days of Coslandia 2019. Aside from performing on stage, they will be sharing their experiences.
- For the first time, the Pop Culture Hiroshima Philippines (PCHPH) qualifiers will be held for Luzon at Coslandia 2019. Before this, PCHPH held its first National Preliminaries which made Team Weapon and Mask Destruction of Davao its first country representative to the annual cultural exchange.
- Solo Cosplay competitions will also be held on days 1 and 3. Cloth and Armor cosplays are the focus of the competition on Day 1, while the Best Hero and Heroine shall take the spotlight on Day 3.
- A Cosplay Trick-or-Treat for 4 to 12 years old will also be held on Day 1.
- Coslandia 2019 will also have its Girls Collection Fashion Show on days 1 and 2.
Games and eSports
- MNL48 Janken Senbatsu, which has been recently announced at Tokyo Game Show, will be featured at the event on days 1 and 3. MNLoves are expected to flock this new card game app, set to be available at Google Play and App Store soon.
- Games and eSports will also be a part of Coslandia 2019, to be held on days 2 and 3. Last year, it had a Mobile Legends tournament – I wonder what’s their offering this year.
- Coslandia 2019 is all about Japanese artists, and the all-star lineup consists of:
- TJ (Hirotoshi Maeda) and Fairytales will be performing on days 1 and 2, while
- Gracorex, 1-Girls, Amatsusora and Samero will be performing on Day 1, and
- Tomoka and Hazuki Tsubasa will be performing on Day 2.
- Let’s not forget our proud local talent, Davao-based Pastel Mix, who will be performing on all days!
- MNL48 is set to reveal their 5th single with center girl Gabb in their Concert on Day 2. It is also announced that the 5th single will serve as the theme song of Coslandia 2019.
- Coslandia 2019 also announced the visit of Seikimatsu Blue author Shintaro Hirota and film director Tetsuya Hashi along with the cast of the movie, a highlight of Day 3.
Merchandise and other matters
- Limited edition English copies of Seikimatsu Blue comic book will be available at Coslandia 2019, ready to be signed by the cast and staff at the venue. Seikimatsu Blue will be a feature of Day 3.
- Back issues of Cosplay Mode Magazine will be made available, and is expected to release its English edition in the Philippines at Coslandia 2019, according to the event’s website.
- Since we have mentioned MNL48 here, their merchandise will also be available for purchase at Coslandia 2019 on Day 3.
- Creative Nation Academy will also be at the event to give live demonstrations of Adobe creative software “with a focus on animation and imaging.”
Coslandia 2019 will be happening at SMX Convention Center Aura, SM Aura Premier, Taguig City on November 01 to 03 (Friday to Sunday). Tickets are available at SM Ticket outlets, through 470-2222 or online at SMTickets.com.
Coslandia 2019 is presented in partnership with the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines, World Cosplay Summit Philippines and Pop Culture Hiroshima Philippines with participating sponsors Brother Philippines, Pioneer Films, Creative Nation Academy and RapidShots360.