I think this is not the second time I will tell every single one of you that I’ve been operating Zoom webinars for the past three weeks, and I still hate its flaws. Nevertheless, I hope to reach Zoom Nirvana soon.
That’s just one thing that have happened during my content break. Here’s the rest:
- Secured another media partnership for an upcoming event (details soon)
- Got noticed by Haachama (more on this below)
- Played the Jstris cheese run for the second time on Twitch
- Got access to the actual meeting room for The Union’s “United we Stand” stream
- Sprained my ankle forcing me to be bedridden for half a day
I’ve digested what’s happening in the fast-paced Virtual YouTuber scene. Here’s what I understood:
It seems to me that Hololive production finally decided that they wanted to have be happy again – this comes after a lot of negative stuff and bad press plagued them for the past few weeks.
- After a three-week suspension, Coco and Haachama returns. They’ve decided that they can’t let go of the world’s top superchatted personality as well as the innocent maniac. Capping the week off, Coco showed herself in 3D again for the first time since that madness which is her 3D debut stream.
- Haachama is on a roll – she’s doing English only streams for the week as well as debut a new outfit this Monday. She also has this new #HaachamaSunday streams featuring the best and intentionally worst cooking the world has to offer.
- This means one thing: Hololive’s pulling out of doing business in the PRC. How do I even put this in words properly without offending anyone? Basically, Hololive’s China division has been asked by the management if they want to graduate, move to another company or go independent. Hololive China is where Artia is, and of course I feel bad for the China team,
but the silver lining here is that it’s said that they are able to keep their virtual identities and the management won’t take a share in their earnings moving forward. These things I learned because I reddit, so there’s more info there as we speak.You still got to be wise in curating your info, still. See, even I got clowned with the recent updates. When will this pain go away? Lord God, I want to end the pain.
- Hoshimachi Suisei held her 500k-sub 3D Live concert with an all-star guest lineup: Tokino Sora, AZKi, Matsuri, Towa, even Kanata. Let’s watch the most emotional part of this concert, as clipped by one of us Hololive fans.
- All of these happened as we continue to keep hold of Fubuki’s litmus test promise: If she leaves Hololive, we leave. She has not left us, and continue to support even Coco at the AsaCoco group’s educational arm. I’m currently part of the Department of Superchats, so let’s meet there soon.
- Capping off, I enjoyed the Holo5 x HoloEN Among Us playthrough – I recommend you to watch Polka’s side of the whole collab.
- Meanwhile, Nijisanji is now experiencing its bad moment with its termination of Kingyozaka Meiro. If I understood it correctly, it all started with an issue with accent, like how you pronounce words. It gets complicated as you continue to go deeper, to which I say this: We’re supposed to be here to be entertained, so let’s get this out of the window. Enjoy the show.
- This is also the first time I got knowledge of a sort-of Virtual Keemstar. He actually exists in the form of Narukami Sabaki, whose goal is to expose the bad side of the industry to everyone’s attention. This is his words, as translated by the Virtual YouTubers Wiki: “to remake the world of Vtubers, which is lawless, unscrupulous, corrupt and wicked.” Prior to this, we already have the trap prince of VTuber talk, Inuyama Tamaki, so yeah, we get to see other influential personalities working in the sidelines as well.
To cap off this post, noticed that keepsakes. has been upgraded to Version 3.1 with a slightly new theme. As soon as I get back to producing content, I’m looking forward to put more in this website. See you soon!