Apex Legends Mobile launched the Hyperbeat event on August 23, which brings the hacker legend Crypto to mobile players. The event update also adds new events, ranked split, a new Battlepass, and updates to core systems. If you’re familiar with the hacker legend, Crypto’s aerial drones are redesigned for the mobile game to follow him and automatically track nearby enemies for periods of time. In Apex Legends Mobile, Crypto has three key abilities:
- Passive: Neurolink – Enemies and traps detected by your surveillance Drone are marked for your squad within 30 meters range.
- Tactical: Surveillance Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone to surveil your surroundings. The drone detects enemy squads and battlefield hazards.
- Ultimate: Drone EMP – Your Drone sets off an EMP blast that deals Shield damage, slows enemies and disables traps.
Aside from the key abilities, he features a set of unique Legend Perks:
- Self-Destruct: Destroyed drones explode after 3s, slowing and damaging enemies caught in the blast.
- Hidden User: Become semi-transparent when controlling drones.
- System Scan: Your drone reveals an enemy’s HP and armor after 3s of scanning.
- Shut Down: Your Ultimate also damages HP but cannot kill an enemy.
- Lag Bomb: Your drone can launch an EMP bomb that slows and deals damage.
- Salvage Operation: Your drone can retrieve items.
- Battle Adaptation: Using your Finisher adds 100 points to your EVO Shield.
- Restart: Using your Finisher instantly repairs your drone or reduces your Ultimate’s cooldown by 30%.
- Interrogator: Using your Finisher reveals the location of your target’s squad on the mini map.
Another addition to the Hyperbeat event is the Kings Canyon updates, which includes a new town takeover in the Phytas Theater where you can get a reward after fighting your way through Rhapsody’s POI-altering song. Kings Canyon will have new VIP supply bins scattered all across the map, allowing you to collect your VIP pass and gain access to crates which have powerful gear.
With the introduction of a new ranked split and additional Ranked Rewards, the game is going to reset your rank like at the beginning of Distortion, just like the one occurred at the start of the previous season. New Ranked rewards will be available to higher ranks.
There are more details to this new content update inside Apex Legends Mobile in their latest patch notes. More details about the game in general can be found on its official website or Discord server.
Press Releases sent to keepsakes. by partners are edited for brevity prior to posting. Press releases posted on the Special Features section may bear this notice.