Hi there! Here’s the latest updates on Aniplus’ January 2017 Lineup, as sent by the channel’s representative thru email:
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? — Featuring the well-beloved Hestia. The city of Orario has a huge labyrinth with monsters and other creatures. Adventurers are looking forward to explore this for fame and fortune with their life and limb. Bell Cranel had a fateful encounter with the petit goddess Hestia, and this is where the story of searching for comrades working together begins.
- Rokka Braves of the Six Flowers — Featuring the well-loved Fremy. The legend states that there will be a team called “Braves of the Six Flowers” who will fight the Demon God, but when these heroes gathered up, they saw 7 of them; thus beginning the adventurous story of pin-pointing who is the impostor.
- Attack on Titan: Junior High — The characters from Attack on Titan are chibified for this series, where the Titans turned into bullies. Eren got his fave lunch (cheeseburger) taken from him by a Titan and thus he vow to eliminate their kind for good.
- Drifters — Before he dies, famous samurai Shimazu Toyohisa was transported to another dimension to become a part of the “Drifters,” and is forced to battle other epic warriors in an ultimate death match.
- ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. — The kingdom of Dowa has 13 states, and each state has its own sets of agencies controlled by a group called ACCA which has its central office in the kingdom’s capital. Jean Otus, the second-in-command of the inspection agency, monitors ACCA activities with ten people who are under him scattered around the states.
- Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid— Miss Kobayashi, who lives a boring life, saved a life of a female dragon named Tohru, and invites her to her small apartment. When not in dragon form, Tohru is an adorable human girl dressed as a maid. This is where Miss Kobayashi’s life will change.
- Trickster — There’s this guy named “The Fiend with Twenty Faces,” and the story of Trickster heavily involves around him. One day, Boys’ Detective Team member Kensuke Hanasaki meets Yoshio Kobayashi, a guy who has an undying body due to an “unknown fog.” Although Kobayashi wants to rest in peace, Hanasaki got interested with him, and have him join his team. Their encounter leads them to the criminal nicknamed the “Fiend with Twenty Faces.”
They also confirmed that they are going to air the Fate/Grand Order — First Order TV Special a day after its Japan broadcast.
[Synopsis] “The story is set in 2015 AD, in the final era when magecraft thrived. The Chaldea Security Organization was formed as a special agency tasked with monitoring a world that can’t be seen or fathomed with magic or science alone and preventing the ultimate downfall of mankind. But, all of a sudden, the future Chaldea has been monitoring disappears, and that It comes to light that mankind will go extinct in 2017.
Chaldea assumes a singularity to be the cause of human extinction and starts a mission to investigate and unravel it, or, failing that, to destroy it.”
As a mobile game, F/GO has been featured on Bloomberg as well, with the game rivaling Nintendo’s Pokémon GO:
In an email sent January 13th, Aniplus announced that they will also broadcast GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation.
[Synopsis] This is a world of the skies, where many islands drift in the sky. A boy named Gran and a talking winged lizard named Vyrn lived in Zinkenstill, an island which yields mysteries.
One day, they come across a girl named Lyria. Lyria had escaped from the Erste Empire, a military government that is trying to rule over this world using powerful military prowess.
In order to escape from the Empire, Gran and Lyria head out into the vast skies, holding the letter Gran’s father left behind — which said, “I will be waiting at Estalucia, Island of Stars”.
GBF, which as collaborated with other mobile games such as THE [email protected] Cinderella Girls, also has a vocal fan base here, so I assume this is good news to them.
The schedule for the following programs are as follows:
Aniplus Fantasy Weeknights (From 3–19 Jan, Mon to Fri, 8–9pm)
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (8pm)
- Rokka Braves of the Six Flowers (8.30pm)
Chinese New Year Special (Weekend of 28 & 29 Jan, Sat & Sun, starting 6pm)
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (28 Jan, Sat)
- Drifters (29 Jan, Sun)
- (Holiday Special) Fate/Grand Order: First Order — Premiere: 1 Jan, Sun 11pm, 24 hours of Japanese broadcast
- ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. — Series Premiere: 10 Jan, Every Tue 11pm (Encore: Wed 6pm)
- Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid — Series Premiere: 11 Jan, Every Wed 12mn, an hour after the Japanese broadcast
- Trickster — Series Premiere (Ep 1 to 14): 2 Jan, Mon to Sun 11:30pm / Simulcast (Ep 15 onwards): 17 Jan, Every Tue 1:50am, an hour after the Japanese broadcast
- GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation — Premiere: 21 Jan, Sat 7.30pm / Encore: 22 Jan, Sun 10pm & 28 Jan, Sat 10pm
In the Philippines, Aniplus has a linear channel on the Tribe app available on Google Play and App Store. (Clicking the link will tell you my review of the Tribe app.)
Recommend or respond to this letter below, and pass the message to everyone you know. Cheers, and a happy long weekend to all!