It’s the start of the new anime season, and ANIPLUS Asia told keepsakes. their lineup for the Spring 2020 Anime season for its viewers in Southeast Asia:
- Rensuke Oshikiri’s (Hi-Score Girl) short series The House Spirit Tatami-chan
- “Slightly heartwarming” family drama filled with love and laughter, KAKUSHIGOTO
- Anime adaptation of Cygames’ Princess Connect! Re: Dive, and
- The highly-anticipated anime adaptation of the Korean Webtoon with 4.5 billion readers worldwide, Tower of God
The House Spirit Tatami-chan
“The horror gag begins now!”
Cute, but sharp-tongued!!
Amidst new Reiwa Era, the peculiar but cute new heroine “Tatami-chan” is busy taking on the spirits, demons, and even humans that reside in the metropolitan city of Tokyo…!
The horror gag comedy that spells “Rensuke Oshikiri” begins now!
Premieres 10 April – Every Fridays 7:00pm (Replay: Sundays 8:30pm)
“What is your secret?”
Kakushi Goto, an artist who draws somewhat vulgar manga.
Hime, his only daughter who is currently in the fourth year of elementary school.
To Kakushi, his precious daughter means the world to him. But, the overly-doting father is hiding something from Hime.
That is, his job as a manga artist.
Will his daughter come to hate him if she finds out about the “secret”?!
A slightly touching family drama filled with love and laughter begins.
Premieres 2 April – Every Thursdays 24:00 / 11:00pm+1 hour (Replay: Fridays 6:00pm)
“A story to connect with you once more“
In the beautiful land of Astraea where a gentle breeze blows, a young man named Yuuki awakens with no memory of his past.
There he encounters a guide who has sworn to care for him—Kokkoro,
a lovely swordswoman who’s always feeling peckish—Pecorine,
and a cat-eared sorceress with a prickly attitude—Karyl.
Led by fate, these four come together to form the “Gourmet Guild.”
And so their adventure begins…
Premieres 7 April – Every Tuesdays 1:00am (Replay: Tuesdays 6:00pm)
“Reach the top, and everything will be yours.“
At the top of the tower exists everything in this world, and all of it can be yours.
You can become a god.
This is the story of the beginning and the end of Rachel, the girl who climbed the tower so she could see the stars, and Bam, the boy who needed nothing but her.
Premieres 2 April – Every Thursdays 1:00am (Replay: Thursdays 9:00pm)
All broadcast times are in GMT+8 (Manila/Singapore/Kuala Lumpur). Broadcast times subject to change.
ANIPLUS Asia is available on Sky Cable Channel 139, Cablelink Channel 210, G Sat Channel 73 and other cable providers. Visit aniplus-asia.com for more information.
My thoughts on ANIPLUS Asia’s Spring 2020 lineup
- Tatami-chan is Oshikiri’s mini anime project which stars Japanese national treasures Shiori Izawa, Satomi Arai, and Tomokazu Sugita.
- I am quite intrigued by Kakushigoto. It’s like Koji Kumeta drags Hiroshi Kamiya again – the last time I am made aware of this was “Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei,” though I have not yet watched the series in its entirety.
- I wish I can link the
PakatubePuritube video but I believe Cygames has removed it T_T. That should sum up my impression of Princess Connect! Re:Dive.
- Lastly, Tower of God is a milestone of its own – it’s the first time we saw a webtoon being adapted into anime. Crunchyroll and Aniplex have a hand on this series as well.
Press Releases sent to keepsakes. by partners are edited for brevity prior to posting. Starting March 2020, all press releases posted on the Special Features section will bear this notice.