What are the things that you can get for ₱9,500?
- Two smartphones (or an iPhone plan, perhaps?)
- One room for rent (One month advance, one month deposit).
- A HD TV set.
- A desktop computer set (you can save more by buying the parts separately and learning to assemble it one by one).
- A food supply that can last two months.
- Two to three costume sets complete with accessories.
- Five to seven Funko Pops if various designs.
- Monopod and additional accessories for your video recording rig.
- A refrigerator (that you can use to produce Ice Candies like that one supplier of special ice candy from Antipolo who is making waves in the MSME scene).
- A washing machine.
- A two-term course in college.
- Dozens of books for your library (or thousands of them on digital).
- Medium-risk investment funds (or stocks in rising companies).
There’s a lot of things you can buy or get or invest with at that price.
I’m really happy that the Tarpaulin Auction in Ozine events are still alive and kicking, but I just can’t help but to frown at the total bid of the Rem/Ram tarp (that might be paid to the original artist of the illustration used in it).
₱9,500. That topped the record in the history of Ozine events. That is now also the second-highest among the bids in the local fandom events scene, next to the legit ₱16,000 item during HenshinCon 2015’s launch party at One Esplanade.
People have predicted that with the influx of Re:Zero […], things will get more lit, but it just got so lit that I am bothered with the almost-five-figure bid price.
I just hope everyone tones down when it comes to these.